Welcome to the Werribee Primary School community. We would like to extend a warm welcome and we hope your partnership with our school is a long and happy one. As part of your child’s transition into Foundation (Prep), we have organised the following:
2019 Foundation Student Transition Session Times:
Your child does not need to bring anything to the August, September, October and November sessions.
- Thursday, 23 August 9:15 -10:30
- Wednesday 12 September 9:15 -10:30
- Friday 26 October 9:15 -10:30- Book Fair
- Friday 16 November 9:15 -10:30
- Tuesday 11 December 9:15 – 12.30 (please note the longer time, your child will need to bring in a bag, hat, a snack, lunch and a drink to this session only. There will also be a mini disco)
The right book can ignite a passion for reading, so Werribee Primary School encourage families to work together to create a reading culture at home. Reading expands the mind, nourishes the imagination, and opens a world of possibilities so, what is a Book Fair? It is a celebration of books! Parents will be able to purchase a book from the display in the Library during our Werribee Primary School Book Fair.
2019 Foundation Parent Transition Meetings
During the first four of your child’s transition sessions, the school will be providing an opportunity for you to meet in the gymnasium with staff to find out more about how to help and support your child’s learning. Transition is an important part of your child developing independence when starting school.
During the student transition session times, once your child has settled in the classroom, we encourage you to leave promptly and to take advantage of the parent information sessions being held in the gym.
We will be covering areas such as:
- Helping at home with Maths, Reading and Writing
- Social skills and developing friendships
- Getting ready for school and our Specialist Program.
- Developmental Play and the curriculum
We would love to see all of our 2019 Foundation parents at these sessions. It is a great opportunity to meet other parents and to hear about the ways you can help your child with their learning.
- Session 1 -23 August: Wellbeing/Parents and school partnership – making connections with the school.
- Session 2 – 12 September: Numeracy/STEM – How to help at home
- Session 3 – 26 October: Literacy – tips for reading/writing when working with your child at home.
- Session 4 – 16 November: Getting ready for school, Developmental Play and our Specialist program.
- Session 5 – 11 December: Setting students up for success and Mini Disco (students only)
We look forward to meeting you and your child and sharing in this important and exciting start to your child’s schooling.