Students only are to enter the school via designated House Colour Gates.
Staff members will be supporting families to ensure that drop off and pick up times happen in a calm and organised manner.
We ask that you are patient and supportive as we implement the changes required for the return of all year levels, during these unprecedented times.
What staff have observed that has been working well with the return of the F-2 students:
- Students knowing which gate to enter and exit
- Students being confident to walk through the gates on their own and to make their way to the classroom
- Parents remaining in their cars until they see their child arriving at the gates
- Parents organising their child to look out for you and to head straight to where you are standing (away from the gate and near your car)
- Parents being conscious of social distancing and staying a safe distance away from other adults
- Parents leaving the school promptly after collecting their child so that other parents can access a car space
- Parents not congregating around the gates, which has made it easier for students to locate their parent
- Parents being on time for pick up so their child hasn’t been waiting at the gate when the other year levels arrive
The gates are sign posted and are listed below. The school gates will open at 8:40am each day, please note that the gates are opening 10 minutes later to reduce the time spent in the school yard prior to the commencement of lessons and will close at 3:20pm.
Entry and Exit Gates:
Gate 1 (Deutgam St) All students riding bikes and scooters (Main Office gate)
Gate 2 (Deutgam St) Blue House Students (next to Year 6 Wedge Building)
Gate 4 (Pyke St) Green House Students and Camp Australia (Camp Australia prior to 8.30am & after 3.30pm)
Gate 5 (Pyke St) Red House Students (between Room 12 & Learning Gallery)
Gate 6 (Werribee St) Yellow House Students (between Rooms 6 & 7)
Entering the School:
8:40 onwards – all gates will close at 9.00am (late arrivals will need to enter via Gate 1)
Students are to enter the school and head straight to their classrooms, where their classroom teacher will be waiting for them.
Exiting the School:
2:55pm - Green House (Gate 4) & Yellow House (Gate 6)
3:05pm - Red House (Gate 5) & Blue House (Gate 2)
- Camp Australia students to make their way to the Learning Gallery at their House dismissal time.
- Bike and scooters riders are to exit the school via Gate 1 at their House dismissal time.
To reduce the family traffic of everyone arriving at the same time to collect students we will be having staggered `After School Pick Up’ times.
It has been organised this way so that siblings can leave together. Students in F-2 will be taken to the House Gates by their teachers and Years 3-6 students will make their way to their House Gate to either exit the school or wait for their siblings.
We ask that these times be adhered to and that parents vacate the area as quickly as possible, so that the next group of parents can access the parking spaces.
Parents are reminded to please follow Social Distancing signs and be patient while the teachers identify families and allow students to make their way to you.
If you have any messages or concerns about your child please email their class teacher via the school’s email address or contact the school to leave the teacher a voice message.
We thank you for your continued understanding and support.
Werribee Primary School Staff