The times for students entering and exiting the school will be changing as of the 20th April (19th of April is a Pupil Free Day).
The new times and organisation are:
- Gates will be unlocked at 8:35am.
- Entry into classrooms by students will be at 8:50am when the first bell goes.
- Gates will be locked by Student Gate Monitors at 8:50am.
- Any student arriving after 8:50am will need to enter via Gate 1 on Deutgam Street.
- The students have been very resilient and successful at walking independently into school, parents please encourage them to continue to do so.
- If parents need to come onsite please do so between the times of 8:35 – 8:50am. This will enable you to be onsite without the need for a QR Code and also signing in at the office (15 minute time frame).
- Parents, unfortunately teachers will not be available before school as they will be preparing for student learning.
- If you need to speak to your child’s teacher please:
- Make an appointment through the office
- Email the school and it will be sent onto the teacher
- Contact the teacher via XUNO or Class Dojo
- Phone the office and ask to have a voice mail sent through to the teacher
Parents don’t forget Gates will close at 8:50, just so you don’t get locked in.
Also please encourage your child’s independence by adopting a `Drop and Go’ routine in the mornings.
- Year 6 Gate Monitors will unlock gates at 3:05pm.
- Students will be dismissed at 3:10 to make their way to their preferred gate for exiting; as organised by their family.
- Students are reminded to exit the school promptly as gates will be locked by the Yard Duty Teachers at 3:20pm (after school is not the time to be playing on the playgrounds).
- If parents need to come onsite after school please do so between the times of 3:10 – 3:20pm.
- Any student not collected at the gates by 3:20 will be taken to the front office and parents will need to enter the school via Gate 1 on Deutgam Street.
Werribee Primary School