Dear parents and carers,
The Victorian Government has announced new arrangements for schools in Victoria from and including Friday 18 June.
From 11.59pm Thursday 17th June, schools in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria will now operate under the same settings.
- Secondary school students aged 12 or older across Victoria must wear face masks indoors at school and on public transport, and masks are recommended outdoors at school where physical distancing of 1.5m cannot be maintained.
- Visitors to school grounds must also observe face mask requirements.
- Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) and work experience placements can recommence on-site throughout Victoria.
- Camps and overnight stays can take place within Victoria, with no travel restrictions. Multiple schools can attend camps providing school groups remain separated and do not share common facilities at the same time.
- Excursions and incursions are permitted throughout Victoria.
- Indoor and outdoor interschool sport can proceed throughout Victoria, and outdoor and indoor contact and non-contact physical activity is permitted.
This letter is also to provide you with important information about a new update on the health directions under which all schools will be required to operate.
The use of Service Victoria QR codes for electronic record keeping is mandatory for all workplaces to enable the effective contact tracing of any COVID-19 cases.
This now includes all education sector workplaces, including schools.
QR codes will be required to be used by:
- all parents who enter buildings when on the school site
- all visitors, including contractors, external Department staff and building and maintenance staff
QR code check ins will not be required for staff or students.
All building entry and exit points will now display QR code posters.
If you are required to enter buildings on school grounds, for whatever purpose, you are now required to use the provided QR code check-in.
If you are not able to check in using a smartphone or tablet, a Kiosk check-in service is available at the front office.
Using the QR code system does not replace the existing requirement to also sign in at reception (for a specific purpose).
Thank you for your support and understanding of this important health direction.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or contact the school if you have any concerns.