Dear Parents and Carers,
The Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017 require the Minister for Education to determine the days on which a government school is required to be open for attendance by students.
The Minister for Education has set the term dates for 2026-2030.
Setting school dates well in advance assists with school planning and ensures the school community knows the days Victorian government schools are open for student instruction.
The 2026-2030 term dates are based on these criteria:
- there are four school terms
- the school year is 200 days
- the Australia Day holiday occurs before students return to school
- the first term vacation is to coincide with Easter
- that, as far as possible, a consistent pattern be maintained from one five-year block to the next.
More information is on the Department’s website: School term dates and holidays in Victoria (education.vic.gov.au)