Welcome 2024 Foundation Students & Families
It is with great pleasure that we welcome all of our Foundation Year families to this exciting stage of their child’s schooling. Werribee Primary School is a supportive and diverse community, which provides an environment where all learners have the opportunity to improve and achieve. We are an inclusive community that strives for excellence.
Our values guide the decisions and behaviours of all members of our school community.
- Respect: we care for ourselves, others and the environment
- Responsibility: we are accountable for our actions and our learning
- Resilience: we learn from our challenges and maintain a positive attitude
We are looking forward to working in partnership with you and your child as they start their educational journey.
Please refer to our 2023 Foundation Transition Booklet for all the up to date information regarding your child's first year of school.
2024 Foundation Transition Session Times
Friday 10th of November 2023 1:45pm – 2:45pm
Friday 24th of November 2023 1:45pm – 2:45pm
Tuesday 12th of December 2023 9:30am – 2:30pm
Your child will not need anything for the 1hour sessions. For the final session, your child will need to bring along in a bag their hat, snack, lunch and drink bottle.
Foundation Parent Information Session
This year we will be providing a parent information session held in the learning gallery at Werribee Primary School on Tuesday the 21st of November 2023 at 5pm – 6pm.
We will be covering areas such as:
- Getting ready for school
- Starting school routines and student assessments
- Helping at home with Maths, Reading, Writing and Read, Write, Inc (RWI)
- Social skills and developing friendships
- Teaching and Learning programs
- Fluid groups in Term 1
At the end of the session, we will have some time to walk through the foundation classrooms and speak to the teachers and leadership team.